Lookup Window Sticker
Vehicles Report is the only company that offers window stickers for all manufacturers and models. The window stickers have a large number of applications that can be applied to a wide range of situations. Any type of questions you may have related to your vehicle can be answered easily with the data found on the window sticker. You can order a copy of the original window sticker as well as a custom window sticker that is completely customizable to cater to your requirements for any kind of manufacturer and model.
What is a window sticker?
A window sticker also known as Monroney Sticker uncovers vital information about a vehicle such as the original equipment it came with and the total price when new etc.
Each new vehicle in the United States accompanies a Window Sticker that contains significant information about the vehicle. It contains such things as what sort of vehicle it is, year constructed, color, MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price), Warranty information, parts content information, standard and optional equipment installed, and Fuel Economy ratings.
The Window sticker, also known as the Monroney label, was named after US Senator Almer Stillwell “Mike” Monroney, from Oklahoma who sponsored the Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958. This act imposes the idea that all new vehicles should uncover information on equipment and pricing, and now it is required by law in the United States to be displayed on all new vehicles.
Early window stickers had dealer information and optional equipment installed in the vehicles. Then in the ’60s automakers started using window stickers to sell cars. This gave an idea to the auto manufacturers to list all standard automobile features.
Top 3 Benefits of a Window Stickers
- Serves as a pricing indicator
If you have purchased a car before, you must have not looked at the window sticker, possibly to get foreknowledge of the vehicle’s cost. Window stickers provide a way to know the cost of a vehicle, this helps dealers to set a standard price for every given vehicle.
- Indicates the essential features of a vehicle
But on the other hand, the window sticker can be truly important when you are trying to sell your car. It can assist buyers to find out if the vehicle has the features that the buyer is searching for. The buyer can discover such important and useful information easily and thus know if the vehicle in question is the one they need or not.
- Increases the chances of selling a vehicle
So in case you are selling your vehicle online or through a dealer, having a window sticker increases the chances to get sold at a deserving cost and quicker.
Remember that the layout of a window sticker can change depending upon the automaker, but the information on the window sticker must be the same across manufacturers. Dealers are not allowed to eliminate, adjust or change these stickers ahead of selling a vehicle.
Therefore, it is evident that a Vehicle Identification Number, particularly in the form of the Vin lookup window sticker has a wide range of applications.
How to find a Window Sticker?
You can get your window sticker in three ways.
- It is also possible to get a window sticker by entering the make, model, year, and trim of a vehicle.
- It is very easy to get a window sticker by VIN. Simply find your vehicle identification number (VIN). The VIN number is a 17 digit alphanumeric code the auto industry uses to identify the vehicle. You can find the VIN number on the driver-side interior dash, stamped on the front of the engine block, and the insurance, registration, or title papers. Once you find the VIN number, simply enter this VIN in our unique window sticker lookup tool to generate a window sticker for your car.
- If you don’t have access to the vehicle identification number for specific reasons, you can get the window sticker by license plate number. Simply feed the plate number of the vehicle in the corresponding window sticker lookup field to generate a window sticker.
In case of any query, simply contact our staff via live chat or email for assistance.
What information does Window Sticker contain?
Everything you need to know about a new or used car is on its window sticker. Auto Shoppers will find the following most crucial information on a window sticker.
- Vehicle Description – To make sure there’s no confusion, each window sticker reveals the make, model, year, and trim level of the vehicle. This section also lists exterior and interior colors and the vehicle identification number of a vehicle.
- Standard and Optional equipment – This section reveals the numerous features and equipment included with the vehicle. This section uncovers everything from engine options and tire size, to the most basic safety features like seatbelts. Window stickers also list information on any optional features or special packages that relate to the specific make and model you’re interested in.
- Warranty information – In this section you will find the vehicle’s bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty lengths, roadside assistance packages, and any other manufacturer’s offers that may be included in the particular make and model.
- Total Vehicle Price- Perhaps, the section that is most important for the auto shoppers. For used vehicles, we can produce the MSRP to know how much was paid when the vehicle was new. so maybe the negotiation line isn’t as relevant as our target market is used vehicle sellers/buyers.
- Fuel economy and Environment – All window stickers incorporate fuel economy information given by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Redesigned in 2013. This section shows city, highway, and combined fuel economy ratings and for specific reasons results approximated annual fuel costs for the vehicle. This section will also indicate what kind of fuels the vehicle is designed to run on.
- Safety ratings: This section shows results of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) results if results are available. The NCAP five-star appraisals give buyers information about the accident protection and rollover safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by Federal law. One star is the lowest and five stars are the highest rating. These scores depend on how well the vehicle acts in particular tests and evaluations performed by NHTSA.
- Parts content information – Mostly, auto manufacturing is a global process. In a few cases, the engine, transmission production, and final assembly of the vehicle take place in various countries. This section includes where the vehicle was assembled, and what percentage of parts used are US/Canadian and foreign.
- QR code – By scanning this QR code with your smartphone, you’re directed to the EPA website where you can customize driving stats to see what your fuel economy might be.
It is highly suggested that you must acquire a copy of the original window sticker by VIN to benefit from making wise decisions that are in the best interest of your vehicle. Having a window sticker increases the chance of selling your vehicle much faster, at a deserving price and it also saves your time. While buyers can get information if the vehicle has the desired features or options they may be searching for in their used car quest.
Vehicles Report is the only company that offers window stickers for all manufacturers and models. You can order a copy of the original window sticker as well as a custom window sticker that is completely customizable to cater to your requirements for any kind of manufacturer and model.