Lookup and Check Volkswagen VIN Number
Lookup Volkswagen VIN and get a full Volkswagen History Report
Every Volkswagen on the road has its unique 17-character alphanumeric code known as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This is also known as the chassis number or serial number. This universal vehicle code is given to every Volkswagen manufactured vehicle worldwide. Volkswagen’s vehicle identification number is an assigned serial number, which includes important information about the vehicle manufactured. The VIN number is important in generating a Vehicle History Report, a process known as a VIN check.
Unlike license plate numbers which can change over time, the VIN lives permanently with the vehicle. This attribute makes the VIN number very important during the process of a VIN lookup.
By using our Volkswagen VIN Lookup, one can check the vehicle’s complete history to find out the number of owners, service history, inspections, accidents, title history, damages, and more.
Where to find Volkswagen's VIN Number?
You can locate the Volkswagen VIN in the following positions of the vehicle.
- You can find Volkswagen VIN on the left lower corner of the windshield.
- If you could not find VIN in either of the above locations, you can find Volkswagen VIN on the engine bay, firewall, rear strut tower, or fender and trunk floor.
- By using a VW scanner, you will be able to retrieve a Volkswagen VIN from the engine control module and instrument cluster.
- You can also find VIN on your Volkswagen’s title, registration, or insurance papers.
How to look up any Volkswagen by its VIN?
What does the Volkswagen VIN lookup contain?
Vehicles Report proprietary VIN check tool taps into millions of National Records by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Ministry of Transportation (MOT) and discloses every available history for a specific vehicle including any hidden problems. Every Volkswagen VIN report comes with over 60 individual checks. You can uncover the following vital information about any Volkswagen by using our Volkswagen VIN Decoder tool.
Using our Volkswagen VIN lookup tool will drastically lower your risk of buying a vehicle with hidden problems that could be unsafe or demand unwanted repair.
5 Interesting facts you don’t know about Volkswagen
Volkswagen has a few interesting facts in the automotive industry you may not have known. Here are a few little-known facts.
- Many Volkswagen cars are named after the prevailing winds and oceanic currents. For example Jetta, Bora, Polo, Vento, etc.
- In October 2008, Volkswagen became the world’s most valuable company for a short period of time with more than $370 billion market capitalization.
- In 2014, one out of every ten cars sold worldwide was manufactured by Volkswagen.
- Volkswagen Car model Beetle was the best-selling car in the world, 21.5 million Beetles were sold worldwide before its production was ceased in 2003.